ION’s client-driven innovation reduces risk, saves time, and enables better decisions.
Every imaging project is a balance of exploration, appraisal or production goals, execution performance, and ROI expectations. Meeting these objectives with available data requires a customized approach, driven by thought leaders utilizing a fit-for-purpose toolset. At ION, we earn our clients’ trust with models that enable confident exploration decisions.
We continually adapt to our clients’ Imaging objectives, using leading-edge infrastructure and novel workflows. Our processing capacity and distribution continually evolve to incorporate the latest compute and private/cloud distribution strategies. This flexibility enables ION to apply computationally-intensive imaging technology, including Least Squares Reverse Time Migration (RTM), high-frequency Full Waveform Inversion (FWI), and other workflows rapidly.
Because ION is also a leading developer of hardware, we apply lessons learned in the field to the maximum advantage of our Imaging clients. As a manufacturer of ocean bottom deployment and recording systems, we understand the challenges and opportunities that OBS offers for offshore exploration. Our imaging teams leverage the real-world experience of our hardware engineers, delivering a degree of insight that can only come from a company with deep expertise in both disciplines.
Leadership pull quote:
- “ION’s subject matter experts collaborate with our clients throughout the Imaging program, giving them the proximity and authority to quickly adapt and provide the best imaging solution possible.”
Chris Anderson, Senior Vice President, Imaging Services
[Photo suggestion: CA doing a walk-and-talk with someone]
“By The Numbers” content (these data are placeholders, pending input from Imaging group)
- 3 Dedicated processing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- 80 Geophysicists worldwide
- 400+ Custom algorithms and processes, including FWi and RTM modules
- 600,000+ km² geophysical data processed to date