Customized Services for Optimizing Marine Seismic Operations
When planning a seismic survey, there are many factors that influence and inform decision making at all stages of the process. By modeling multiple acquisition scenarios, our design professionals recommend the tools and techniques to deliver the best images as cost effectively as possible.
ION’s seismic survey acquisition experts provide consultancy services for design, planning and infield operational aspects of seismic surveys.
A collaborative, customer driven approach to service delivery using proven and effective methods and technology
- World-class team of survey planning and operations experts
- Comprehensive analysis at each stage of the survey acquisition life cycle
- Optimized acquisition efficiency
Our Services Include
- Design and planning for 4D surveys – Incorporates comprehensive geometry design and detailed analysis of configuration options with preplots and survey duration estimates
- Baseline data analysis – Ensures the baseline data set is complete and accurate, forming the groundwork for additional analysis
- Survey design analysis – Identifies potential acquisition swaths, taking into consideration acquisition type, configuration, techniques, etc., to later analyze with predicted ocean conditions
- Detailed feather analysis – Analyzes historical data sets to identify ocean current trends to predict feather and feather-match quality for improved coverage and efficient acquisition
- Scenario modeling and repeatability analysis – Analyzes potential acquisition swaths with predicted feather to determine the sail line kilometers, coverage, and repeatability quality that would be achieved
- Obstruction modeling – Analyzes level of data quality that can be achieved in obstructed areas and whether alternative undershoot strategies are required
- Survey plan – Supplies preplot files for the navigation system to execute the agreed upon survey plan that best meets image quality, priorities, and ocean conditions within budget. Includes sail lines, source and target feather for single and dual vessel preplots, timelines, and priorities