The CaribeSPAN Reimaging project, combined with the reprocessed YEVQ lines east of Trinidad, are complementary datasets that provide insight into the various crustal provinces and number of potential play ideas within the region. The location of the surveys captures the crustal framework and the evolution of this region from Grenada throughout Trinidad territorial waters, including where the eastward advancing Caribbean Plate complex meets the South American Plate.
- New interpretation of important crustal structures and key boundaries across the region
- Improves understanding of the fold and thrust belts, depth and structure of the Cretaceous source rocks, thickness, and facies across the region
- Interprets the ages and reservoir units in the deep water basin
- Identifies new potential play ideas
- Deep crustal imaging within a tectonically complex region
- Moho imaging within deep records
- Evaluation of section thickness and deformation