Check out the latest issue of GEO ExPro where we discuss the new Picanha 3D reprocessed dataset and the integration of regional seismic in offshore Brazil. Read the full article (first appeared in GEO ExPro Vol. 19 No. 1).
The ION Picanha 3D multi-client reprocessing program provides explorationists a data asset that allows a great understanding of the regional structural picture and the salt tectonics on a basin-wide scale to better evaluate, risk and rank a portfolio of opportunities for current and future exploration needs. Contact us today for a data tour.
Gain greater subsurface insight into the Campos & Santos Basins
The program includes 100 interconnecting public-domain datasets that enable geology and geophysics (G&G) teams to gain a greater understanding of the regional structural picture with 150,000 square kilometers of fully merged, seamless seismic 3D data, velocity models and salt interpretation spanning the Campos and Santos basins in Southeast Brazil.
Strong interdisciplinary collaboration enabled successive phases to be completed rapidly because of the team’s in-depth local knowledge of the geophysical and geologic challenges combined with its advanced processing, imaging and interpretation expertise.
Phase 6 data for the Esmeralda block is available now
In the Southwest Santos basin, Phase 6 of the Picanha 3D program is the latest dataset nearing completion, with final 3D seismic data for the Esmeralda block and surrounding areas available now. This latest phase uses machine learning techniques during the salt interpretation to significantly reduce the turnaround time.
Phase 5 data is underway in Espírito Santo Basin
We’re moving north. Phase 5 of the Picanha 3D program is underway in the Espírito Santo Basin with 20 seismic surveys being combined to create 23,000 square kilometers of data. The final data assets will be available in early Q3 2022.
Revealing E&P opportunities in Brazil’s most prolific basins
Watch the video below to hear about the opportunity to develop a homogenous 3D volume along Brazil’s Atlantic coast within the pre-salt play and the genesis of our Picanha 3D program.
- Provide clearer imaging offshore Southeast Brazil of the salt overlying thick crust and deep listric fault bounded seaward dipping reflector complexes
- Provide a consistent regional depth framework and comprehensive interpretation to better understand the region’s tectonic architecture
- Map the active petroleum systems, develop new play ideas and identify prospects ahead of future ANP license rounds
- Seamlessly imaged dataset through 100 interconnecting 3D surveys
- Utilize ION’s Accelerated Imaging for significantly shorter timeframes to produce 40 Hz TTI RTM and Kirchhoff products, from raw gathers through PSDM
- PSDM gathers output for pre-stack attribute evaluation
- Improved pre-salt imaging of the Campos and Santos Basins with advanced RTM depth imaging
- Superior image quality using well calibrated anisotropic velocity model, initially derived from 25,000 Km of 2D BrasilSPAN data