PolandSPAN is a large, regional seismic program covering all of Poland in four distinct phases. This one-of-a-kind program will provide the foundation of integrated geologic knowledge and a consistent seismic framework from which to build future studies.
Phase 1 extends from the Baltic Basin in northern Poland through the Podlasie Depression and into the Lublin Basin of eastern Poland. It is comprised of nearly 2200 km of newly acquired, high-quality data. The completion of this program has created the most comprehensive picture of Poland’s subsurface to date.
- Provides a regional, depth-imaged seismic framework to promote a better understanding of the area’s tectonic architecture and basement structure
- Reveals crustal geometries across known and inferred fault zones
- Images below the Zechstein evaporitic cover
- Provides the latest scientific studies in the region to assist in identifying new play potential
- Approximately 2200 km of newly acquired high-quality seismic data with improved depth imaging and regional coverage
- More than 3200 km of existing seismic data reprocessed to ION’s SPAN imaging standards
- Ties more than 30 key wells in the region
- Integrated geologic and geophysical interpretation