ION is an innovative, asset light global technology company that delivers powerful data-driven decision-making offerings to offshore energy and maritime operations markets. A leading technology innovator for over 50 years, ION recently expanded its cutting-edge technology application beyond energy, diversifying into relevant new markets such as offshore logistics, ports and security.
The firm is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker IO. ION is headquartered in Houston, Texas with regional offices around the world. The company has approximately 400 employees, many of whom are in technical roles with advanced degrees.
We are entering a fourth industrial revolution where technology is fundamentally changing how decisions are made. Decision-making is shifting from what was historically an art to a science.
In today’s rapidly evolving landscape, we are empowering clients to operate more efficiently and sustainably. Our offshore data and digitalization technologies are key ingredients for enabling the sustainable use of marine resources, minimizing environmental impact and optimizing traditional energy development while supporting the transition to renewable sources.
Our technology is focused on creating high value information that drives smarter, safer management of maritime assets and people and reduces ecological impact and greenhouse gas emissions. Through access to our data, software and distinctive analytics, we transform information into insights, enabling our clients to enhance decisions and results. ION offerings are focused on improving subsurface knowledge to enhance offshore energy investments and enhancing situational awareness to optimize offshore operations.
Business Segments and Offerings
ION is organized into two business segments.
- E&P Technology and Services creates digital data assets and delivers services that improve decision-making, mitigate risk and maximize portfolio value for E&P companies.
- Imaging and Reservoir Services combines leading technologies and experience to maximize image quality, delivering enhanced subsurface characterization. They develop complex algorithms to translate raw data into subsurface images.
- Ventures leverages the world-class geoscience skills of the Imaging and Reservoir Services group to create global digital data assets that are licensed to multiple E&P companies to optimize their investment decisions. The global data library consists of over 700,000 km of 2D and over 400,000 sq km of 3D multi-client seismic data in virtually all major offshore petroleum provinces.
- Operations Optimization develops mission-critical subscription offerings and engineering services that enable operational control and optimization offshore.
- Software offerings leverage a leading data integration platform to control and optimize operations in real-time.
- Devices develops intelligent equipment controlled by our software to optimize operations.