ION is an innovative, asset light global technology company that delivers powerful data-driven decision-making to offshore energy, ports and defense industries.
ION has been a leading technology innovator for over 50 years. While ION’s traditional focus for its cutting-edge technology has been on the E&P industry, the company is now broadening and diversifying its business into relevant adjacent markets such as offshore logistics, ports, defense and marine robotics.
The firm is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker IO. ION is headquartered in Houston, Texas with regional offices around the world. The company has approximately 500 employees, about half of whom are in technical roles and a quarter have advanced degrees.
We are entering a fourth industrial revolution where technology is fundamentally changing how decisions are made. Decision-making is shifting from what was historically an art to a science.
Data, analytics and digitization provide a step-change opportunity to translate information into insights to enhance decisions, gain a competitive edge and deliver superior returns.
That’s where ION excels. By developing and leveraging innovative technologies, ION creates value through advanced data analytics to enhance companies’ critical decision-making abilities and returns.
ION offerings are focused on improving subsurface knowledge to enhance E&P decision-making and enhancing situational awareness to optimize offshore operations.
Business Segments and Offerings
ION is organized into two business segments.
- E&P Technology and Services creates digital data assets and delivers services that improve decision-making, mitigate risk and maximize portfolio value for E&P companies.
- Imaging Services combines leading technologies and experience to maximize image quality, delivering enhanced subsurface characterization. They develop complex algorithms to translate raw data into subsurface images.
- E&P Advisors provide technical, commercial and strategic advice to host governments, E&P companies or private equity firms to evaluate and market oil and gas opportunities and/or assets world-wide, sharing in the value we create.
- Ventures leverages the world-class geoscience skills of both the Imaging Services and E&P Advisors groups to create global digital data assets that are licensed to multiple E&P companies to optimize their investment decisions. The global data library consists of over 637,000 km of 2D and over 240,000 sq km of 3D multi-client seismic data in virtually all major offshore petroleum provinces.
- Operations Optimization develops mission-critical subscription offerings and engineering services that enable operational control and optimization offshore.
- Software offerings leverage a leading data integration platform to control and optimize operations in real-time.
- Devices develops intelligent equipment controlled by our software to optimize operations.
- Engineering Services experts deliver in-field optimization services, equipment maintenance and training to maximize value from our offerings.