Survey Design and Planning
Data acquisition is the foundation of the seismic lifecycle. It is critical that accurate decisions are made as part of the acquisition design process. In order to meet these challenges, companies require flexible and robust survey design tools that provide accurate analysis to effectively image their subsurface targets. ION's MESA software addresses those needs for both land and marine projects by optimizing survey design and planning to deliver the right information to help make those critical decisions.
MESA is the industry standard for designing seismic surveys. The development team works continuously in partnership with its customers to add functionality, improve performance, and enhance the user experience.
- Provides advanced survey design and subsurface coverage analysis for land, marine and OBC survey designs, including multi-component and VSP surveys
- Optimizes survey effectiveness through the analysis of a broad spectrum of geophysical attributes and field operation challenges
- Offers fast and simple geologic modelling, ray tracing and target illumination analysis
MESA Suite of Software Packages
- MESA Field - ideal for advanced 3D acquisition planning capability with a basic analysis package
- MESA Professional - provides an extensive set of 3D acquisition tools for land, marine and OBC design, production tracking, geometry QC, design comparison, and GIS integration
- MESA Expert - the ultimate 3D survey design tool with geologic modelling and raytracing, aperture calculations, including VSP design and downhole geometries
The latest MESA 15 release incorporates a number of new features and enhancements specifically aimed at streamlining the whole survey design process. The development focus for MESA 15 has been on adding marine and seabed functionality including simultaneous shooting, easier report generation, multiple MESA Expert upgrades, interactive raytracing, and a number of utility enhancements.
MESA Illumination Service
MESA Illumination Service combines comprehensive seismic acquisition design tools with advanced modelling capabilities and ray tracing. Read more in the MESA Illumination Data Sheet found in Additional Resources below.
For information about MESA software licenses or renewals, support or training contact: MESAsupport@iongeo.com.