PrecisION Compressed Seismic Inversion – Higher Resolution Subsurface with Quantifiable Risk Analysis
In addition to well-established conventional seismic inversion technology, ION extends our services offerings with our new PrecisION compressed seismic inversion algorithm. PrecisION moves beyond traditional calculations to deliver a higher resolution, earth model reconstruction that is ideal for identifying layer boundaries. It can also be used to provide quantifiable uncertainty information for the parameters by which subsurface assumptions are based.
PrecisION Advanced Seismic Inversion Service delivers:
- Efficient parametric algorithm design that manages noise conditions more efficiently so inversion volumes can be calculated faster
- Broadband compliant image that leverages the value of the extended frequency range to support higher resolution subsurface pictures
- Quantifiable risk indicators that model “confidence” ranges the interpreters can use to understand the uncertainty in the data or parameters on which they base their decisions
- Geologically-honored subsurface reconstruction ensures precise mapping of boundaries even in complex provinces
- Higher quality P and S Impedance volumes, ultimately providing a better understanding of lithological characteristics, fluid presence, and rock mechanics for completions planning
The Reservoir Services Difference
A key factor in generating quality inversions is the expertise of the team doing the work. On average, most of our reservoir experts have 25+ years of experience providing seismic inversion project services. Experience and understanding of the reservoir is the biggest differentiator in any inversion project.
Shear impedance inversion using the leading commercial seismic inversion solution.
Shear impedance inversion using GX Technology’s proprietary
PrecisION seismic inversion solution.