To address the stratigraphic potential of offshore Uruguay, ION reprocessed 10,200 km of 2D, tight-grid, legacy data (originally acquired in 2007 and 2008). This dataset, tied with UruguaySPAN, shows significant uplift and covers the majority of the acreage on offer in the upcoming Uruguay License Round 3.
Reprocessed in 2016, this dataset has resulted in an improved understanding of the syn-rift and passive margin stratigraphic units of the Uruguayan margin. Increased resolution of structural and stratigraphic features has revealed a high density of trapping mechanisms for the Punta del Este, Pelotas and Oriental de la Plata Basin of offshore Uruguay. The improved data also provides better constraints on the interpreted Mid-Aptian source rock interval. Evidence of functioning petroleum systems on the conjugate margin, and along-strike basins of South America, indicate a deep water potential for Uruguay.
- Predict depth to source rock interval
- Tie exisiting wells
- Identify main sediment input points in deep water
- Improve regional seismic velocity control
- Improve S/N ratio of existing seismic data
- Apply advanced demultiple to provide better continuity from shelf to deep water
- Increase bandwidth with ION WiBand deghosting technology
- Provide a comprehensive seismic dataset across the Punta del Este basin while tying to existing Argentina and Brazil surveys