ION provides a robust regional framework of the Punta del Este, Pelotas and Oriental del Plata Basins located off the coast of Uruguay, one of the southern hemisphere's most under-explored offshore regions. UruguaySPAN encompasses 2,800 km of high-quality data which has been depth-imaged to 40 kilometers. The BasinSPAN data links with our existing ArgentineSPAN, BrasilSPAN and PelotasSPAN surveys, imaging the northern Argentine and southern Brazilian basins.
Newly re-imaged in 2016, PSTM and PSDM data are now available for evaluation of the 17 blocks in the upcoming license round.
- World class source rocks Aptian and Turonian proven regionally
- Extensive play types from Pre-rift, Syn-rift and post-rift visible in seismic
- Pelotas basin extends from the Polonio High up to the Santos basin, Brazil
- Oil and gas fluid inclusions were found in exploratory wells of Punta del Este basin
- Regional Thermal maturation study undertaken, Up to 6 potential petroleum systems proposed for the Pelotas basins