UruguaySPAN provides a qualified regional framework of the Punta del Este Basin located off the coast of Uruguay, one of the southern hemisphere's most under-explored offshore regions. With roughly 2,800 km of high-quality data, the program links with our existing ArgentineSPAN, BrasilSPAN and PelotasSPAN surveys, imaging the northern Argentine and southern Brazilian basins.
Uruguay Reprocessing – In conjunction with UruguaySPAN, ION has reprocessed 10,000 km of 2D legacy data offshore Uruguay that covers almost all of the available acreage in the upcoming deepwater Round 3 Uruguay license round.
- Image beneath the seaward dipping reflectors and the deep crustal structure
- Identify deep rifted basins
- Tie to wells and regional SPAN datasets
- Identify main sediment input points and play fairways
- Provides a coherent seismic dataset across the Punta del Este Basin and provides a tie to Argentina and Brazil
- Data acquired to image up to 40km in depth
- Ties existing exploration wells