With over 13,000 km of high-quality, depth-imaged data, ION provides a robust regional framework of the Punta del Este, Pelotas and Oriental del Plata Basins located off the coast of Uruguay, one of the southern hemisphere's most under-explored offshore regions. The program ties to key wells and links with existing ArgentineSPAN, BrasilSPAN and PelotasSPAN surveys, imaging the northern Argentine and southern Brazilian basins.
Newly re-imaged in 2016, PSTM and PSDM data are now available for evaluation of the 17 blocks in the upcoming license round.
- UruguaySPAN - 2,800 km of long-offset data, depth-imaged to 40 km, for a geologically driven image of the petroleum potential offshore Uruguay. Reimaged in 2016.
- Uruguay Reprocessing - 10,200 km of tight grid, legacy data, reprocessed in 2016 and tied to UruguaySPAN, provides significant uplift and a contiguous grid across the basin.
*Image not displayed at full resolution
- Critical petroleum system elements in the present day oil and gas windows
- Identification of high quality reservoir rocks with porosity up to 25%
- World class source rocks Aptian and Turonian proven regionally
- Extensive play types from Pre-rift, Syn-rift and Post-rift visible
- Detectable SDRs and BSRs and a well-defined Moho
Upcoming ANCAP Round 3 deadlines
- Qualification: Through April 6, 2018
- Announcement of qualifying companies: April 13, 2018
- Bid submission: April 22 – 26, 2018
- Opening of bid proposals: April 26, 2018