Oil and gas companies are becoming increasingly interested in the hydrocarbon potential of key basins offshore Peru. This interest is being driven by several recent onshore successes and Peru’s developing hydrocarbon industry.
To help provide oil and gas companies a strategic view and enhance the reservoir characterization of this area ION, in collaboration with PeruPetro, developed PeruSPAN.
Consisting of more than 6,600 km, the program covers the offshore margin from the Talara basin in the north and to the Pisco basin in the south.
- Provide a unique and consistent dataset extending from the shelf to deep water and shallow to basement imaging, thus creating a regional stratigraphic framework
- Improve regional understanding of the region's tectonics as well as new and existing play types
- Improve understanding of depositional fairways that facilitates basin-wide stratigraphic correlation
- The only contiguous survey of the Peruvian margin from the Tumbes to the Pisco Basin
- Program design and physical survey layout driven by regional geology with acquisitions targeting the identification of new and existing play types within a continuous seismic framework
- Unprecedented deep focus acquisition parameters - 10,000 m deep tow cable, 18-second record length and a specially designed, large volume source with deep tow configuration and WiBand processing to maximize the quality of data and to facilitate geologic correlation
- Integrated geologic and geophysical interpretation providing a consistent regional framework for tying in wells and existing seismic lines with key geologic features in a basin-wide framework