The Picanha 3D Program
ION’s Picanha program provides a regionally calibrated and consistently imaged 3D dataset across the Campos and Santos basins offshore Brazil by reprocessing and depth imaging 50+ interconnecting public-domain 3D surveys. The 100,000+ sq km contiguous 3D area builds upon the existing 2D BrasilSPAN framework and enables G&G teams to gain a greater understanding of the regional structural picture and the salt tectonics on a basin-wide scale, allowing explorationists to better evaluate, risk and rank a portfolio of opportunities for current and future exploration needs.
The Picanha Fast Track 3D products leverage ION’s extensive local experience in combination with new Accelerated Imaging, making it possible to rapidly evaluate the context of these complex basins and to identify prospect opportunities for the upcoming ANP license rounds.
Interactive Enhanced Fast Track PSDM example with velocity overlay from the Picanha 3D Program:
Use your mouse to interact with the data above.
Click and hold to move and pan over the data, and then zoom in/out using your mouse’s scroll wheel.
|Depth slice over the
Picanha Program Phase 2 East
- Provide clearer imaging in the Campos and Santos Basins of the salt overlying thick crust and deep listric fault bounded seaward dipping reflector complexes
- Provide a consistent regional depth framework and comprehensive interpretation to better understand the region's tectonic architecture
- Map the active petroleum systems, develop new play ideas and identify prospects ahead of future ANP license rounds
- Seamlessly imaged dataset through 50+ interconnecting 3D surveys
- Utilize ION’s Accelerated Imaging for significantly shorter timeframes to produce 40 Hz TTI RTM and Kirchhoff products, from raw gathers through PSDM
- PSDM gathers output for pre-stack attribute evaluation
- Improved pre-salt imaging of the Campos and Santos Basins with advanced RTM depth imaging
- Superior image quality using well calibrated anisotropic velocity model, initially derived from 25,000 Km of 2D BrasilSPAN data.