BeaufortSPAN West is a regional-scale 2D seismic survey located along the shelf and slope of the Alaskan margin of the Canada Basin consisting approximately of 1,900 km of long-offset seismic data and 3,000 km of existing legacy data from the USGS.
- Deliver an accurate and more comprehensive understanding of the geologic structure and evolution of the north Alaskan continental margin
- Provide a regional framework from the area adjacent to the Chukchi Sea shelf in the west to the Canadian Beaufort margin in the east
- Program design and layout are driven by known geology and client input providing a consistent seismic regional framework that ties into existing seismic lines
- 16 second records, 9,000 meter cable
- Integrated geologic and geophysical interpretation
- Improves understanding of key geologic features, placing them in a basin-wide context
- Applies technical specifications to the acquisition, processing and depth imaging of the seismic data