In response to renewed exploration interest following the Zaedyus discovery in French Guiana, ION designed GuyanaSPAN to provide greater understanding of the region’s petroleum system potential. The program is another step in providing contiguous regional data coverage from the East Caribbean to Tierra del Fuego.
The initial phase of the program comprises 5,200 km of newly acquired data offshore Suriname which covers the entire continental margin from 40 m to more than 3500 m water depths and ties key wells, to reveal improved insights of the Demerara Plateau and Suriname basin.
- Understand the Continent to Ocean Boundary transition
- Tie important wells into the regional framework
- Improve the understanding of the petroleum system
- Develop new play ideas
- Acquired using 10,000 m offsets and 18 sec record lengths
- Establishes a foundation for a greater understanding of the basin architecture
- Imaged by ION’s GX Technology using WiBand broadband imaging technology to enhance resolution and improve imaging
- An interpretation report is included with full participation - refer to the data sheet for a complete list of deliverables