South America is a highly prospective region for oil & gas companies with the largest discoveries of the past 20 years lying along the coast of Brazil. Adjacent basins offshore Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia, and in the Caribbean Sea are less explored but are now seeing increased activity.
In response to customer demand for improved understanding of the geologic evolution and basin architecture of these regions, ION's GeoVentures geo-consulting team custom-designed the South America programs to meet these objectives. Cumulatively, the program is our largest dataset to date, at approximately 108,000 km, and includes the industry's first contiguous look at the South Atlantic margin.
With over 74,000 km of seismic data these programs offer:
- Advanced understanding of current plays and their regional settings
- Insight into source rock distribution and migration pathways
- E&P companies the data to evaluate hydrocarbon prospects and build potential for new and frontier areas
South America Seismic Data Programs
- ArgentineSPAN - Colorado, Salado, San Jorge, and San Julian basins together with the Scotian-Tierra del Fuego fold and thrust belt (~11,500 km)
- BrasilSPAN - contiguous dataset of Brazil's coastline (~74,000 km)
- CaribeSPAN - offshore areas of the southern Caribbean and the northern margin of South America (~11,000 km)
- ColombiaSPAN - offshore Colombia (~3,700 km)
- UruguaySPAN - Punta del Este Basin off the coast of Uruguay (~2,800 km)
- GuyanaSPAN - Phase I entire offshore Suriname (~5,200 km)